Notice No.1 Easter Term 2021 to Practitioners & litigants outlining arrangements for April & May 2021 for Kerry Circuit Court.
In light of continuation of Covid-19 restrictions until the 4th May 2021 by Government the following are the resultant implications for Circuit Court Sittings scheduled for Kerry during the month of April 2021:
1. Tralee Circuit Court Scheduled sittings for four weeks commencing at 10:30 a.m. on Tuesday the 13th April 2021 will be presided over by Her Honour Judge Helen Boyle. Her day Lists for all sitting days in April are published on the Legal Diary section of the Courts Service website.
2. Her Honour Judge Boyle will sit at Tralee Courthouse at 10:30a.m. on Tuesday the 13th April, 2021 to deal with the Judges Civil Motions, licencing, District Court Appeals, as appear on the Courts Service Legal Diary website Court list for that date and the Criminal call-over list also appearing on the Courts Service legal Diary website for that date.
3. Parties to the cases on the lists will need to be represented at the call-over and be in a position to confirm their readiness to proceed, length of time their case will take at hearing, whether the matter is contested and if so how many witnesses will be involved and called.
4. Her Honour Judge Boyle shall sit in the following venues in Kerry during April 2021, namely, Tralee Courthouse on the Tuesday the 13th, Thursday the 15th & Friday the 16th April 2021 and Tuesday the 20th April 2021. She will sit at Killarney Courthouse on all other sitting days of the Circuit Court in Kerry in April 2021 unless otherwise specified by her on the 13th April 2021 at Tralee Courthouse.
5. Only Criminal matters already listed and additional matters listed by Her honour Judge Boyle at the call-over on the 13th April 2021 aforesaid and urgent Civil and/or family law matters will be dealt with in the Circuit Court sittings in Kerry during April 2021.
6. Social distancing guidelines must be adhered to by all participants during all Circuit Court sittings in Kerry during April 2021 in compliance with current level 5 Covid-19 Government restrictions.
7. Details of any urgent matter and in particular any urgent civil and/or family law matter which any party seeks to have heard during April 2021 should be emailed to Tralee Court Office and the County Registrar who will endeavour to arrange a hearing date and/or issue such directions as may be appropriate, including securing a hearing date before a Circuit Court Judge, if necessary and appropriate.
8. The following County Registrar Lists are hereby adjourned to new hearing dates in May 2021, namely:
a) Tralee Taxation of Costs list from 10:30 a.m. on Monday the 12th April 2021 to !0:30 a.m. on Tuesday the 11th May 2021 at Tralee Courthouse,
b) Killarney Family Law Case Progression List from 10:30a.m. on Wednesday the 14th April, 2021 to 10:30 a.m. on Wednesday the 5th May 2021 at 10:30 a.m. at Killarney Courthouse,
c) Tralee Re-possession List from Thursday the 15th April, 2021 to 10:30 a.m. on Thursday the 20th May, 2021 at Tralee Courthouse,
d) Tralee Family Law Case Progression List from Friday the 16th April, 2021 to 10:30 a.m. on Monday the 10th May 2021 at Tralee Courthouse,
e) Tralee Account & Enquiry List from Monday the 19th April, 2021 to 10:30 a.m. on Tuesday the 1st June, 2021 at Tralee Courthouse.
f) Killarney Taxation of Costs List from Wednesday the 21st April, 2021 to 10:30 a.m. on Friday the 7th May, 2021 at Killarney Courthouse,
g) Killarney Taxation of Costs List on Monday the 26th April, 2021 to 10:30 a.m. on Tuesday the 25th May 2021 at Killarney Courthouse,
h) Tralee Family Law Motions List from Thursday the 29th April, 2021 to 10:30 a.m. on Thursday the 27th May, 2021 at Tralee Courthouse,
i) Tralee Civil Motions List from Friday the 30th April, 2021 to 10:30 a.m. on Friday the 28th May 2021 at Tralee Courthouse.
Any Ex-parte Applications or consent orders in respect of cases in the above lists should be emailed to the County Registrar for remote ruling as hither- to- fore pending resumption of physical hearing’s.
9. Easter Term Civil & Family Call-overs.
The County Registrar Civil and Family law online email positive call-over of cases for Easter Term 2021 due to be completed for the Family Law List on the 13th April, 2021, the Killarney Civil List on the 14th April, 2021 and the Tralee/Listowel Civil Lists on the 16th April, 2021 will proceed as previously advised. Therefore, practitioners with cases which are ready to proceed in May 2021, who agree with each other to call on their case, should agree that one of them will email the County Registrar and Tralee Court Office with a request that the case be listed in May. An estimate of the likely duration of the case should be provided in the email together with a note of the number of witnesses likely to be called to give evidence. The email should be cc’d to the other parties solicitor. This will assist the Tralee Court Office notify both parties by email of the assigned hearing date when fixed.
10. Prior to the 4th May 2021 Government are due to issue up to date advice on what restrictions, if any, will persist beyond that date. Further appropriate Notice to Practitioners and litigants will issue thereafter outlining the effects of any such notifications on Kerry Circuit Court sittings for May 2021 and beyond.
11. At this point in time it is anticipated that Her Honour Judge Boyle will sit in Tralee during the week commencing Tuesday the 4th May 2021 hearing Civil and Family law matters. His Honour Judge Terence O’Sullivan will sit in Kerry during the weeks commencing Tuesday the 11th May 2021 (in Listowel for the Scheduled Sittings on the 11th & 12th May and in Killarney for the Scheduled Sittings on the 13th & 14th May 2021), and in Tralee on Tuesday the 18th May 2021 for Family Law and in Killarney on the 19th and 20th May 2021 for Civil proceedings.
12. If any practitioner has a partially heard case which should be listed before either Judge Boyle or Judge O’Sullivan to enable it be concluded please email the County Registrar and Tralee Court Office with details and confirmation that the parties are ready and willing to proceed in May, if such be the case, how many witnesses remain to give evidence and how much longer the case is likely to take. Priority will be given to such cases at the May listings.
13. Trinity Term Civil & Family Law Call-overs.
It is intended to hold a call-over of the:
a). Killarney Civil List on Wednesday the 12th May 2021 at 10:30 a.m. at Killarney Courthouse to fix civil cases in Killarney for Trinity Term 2021,
b). Tralee family Law List on Thursday the 13th May 2021 at 10:30 a.m. at Tralee Courthouse to fix family cases for Trinity Term 2021 , and
c) Tralee/Listowel Civil Lists on Friday the 14th May 2021 at 10:30 a.m. at Tralee Courthouse to fix civil cases for hearing in Tralee and Listowel during Trinity Term 2021.
If there are any particularly urgent and/or lengthy matters requiring hearing dates in Trinity Term (and particularly during the month of June, which is set aside at this time for civil and family matters,) please email the County Registrar with details and the consent of your opposite numbers to the listing in June together with an estimate of the projected hearing duration of the case and the number of witnesses and legal personnel to be accommodated in the Courthouse for the hearing.