The Courts Service invites applications for the above position.
The role is to provide support to the County Registrar in Co. Mayo in his capacity as Sheriff and under the terms of the Enforcement of Court Orders Act, 1926, as amended. Your headquarters will be Castlebar Courthouse.
Travel throughout the County Mayo is a necessary part of the job so applicants must have a full clean driving licence, motor insurance and their own transport. The Standard Civil Service travel expenses will be paid.
It is desirable that applicants would have previous relevant work experience and good IT skills.
The duties of a Court Messenger include, but are not limited to:
- Enforcement of Decrees, Execution Orders, Fi Fas and Repossession Orders by:
- the collection of monies on foot of Court Judgments lodged in the Court Office
- the seizure and sale of goods to realise Judgment Debts
- taking possession of lands and houses on foot of Court Orders including, ejectment of persons in occupation
b. Maintenance of appropriate records to include:
- Responsibility for cash, cheques and drafts received, issuing temporary receipts and accounting for monies received
- Recording and updating of files and issue of appropriate notices and correspondence
- Use of information technology systems
c Customer Service
- Maintaining contact with relevant stakeholders
- Dealing effectively and speedily with customer queries
d Other appropriate duties as assigned by the Office Manager.
The starting weekly salary for this position is €473.57 gross.
Court Messenger PPC (Personal Pension Contribution) Pay Scale (gross per week)
€473.57, €528.84, €539.42, €585.32, €624.53, €658.99 [MAX], €682.63 LSI1, €707.67 LSI2
*Long Service Increment 1 (LSI1) is paid after 3 years satisfactory service at the normal maximum (NMAX)
**Long Service Increment 1 (LSI2) is paid after 6 years satisfactory service at the normal maximum (NMAX)
Further information about the job and its terms & conditions of employment are available in the Information Booklet.
These can also be obtained by e-mailing WesternRO@courts.ie or from the Western Regional Office on 09490 43803.
Applicants should send their completed Application Form by e-mail to WesternRO@courts.ie or by post to Western Regional Office, Courts Service, The Mall, Castlebar, County Mayo, F23 KT99, not later than 12pm on 7th October 2021. Mark envelope “Court Messenger Vacancy”. Applicants are responsible for the safe delivery of their application forms.
This competition will be run in compliance with the code of practice prepared by the Commission for Public Service Appointments (CPSA).
The Courts Service is committed to a policy of equal opportunity.