THE DUBLIN CIRCUIT COURT
BEFORE THE COUNTY REGISTRAR
CIVIL MOTION ONLY
Further to the previous notices regarding the hearing of civil motions and relisting of motions adjourned because of the Covid 19 restrictions and in order to maximise and properly use court time PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING as previously published: -
- Attend in court at the appointed/designated time as there are no waiting facilities.
- There will not be a second call due to the current restrictions.
- The parties must leave court and remove all items at the expiry of the allotted time.
- The minimum number of necessary legal representatives for each party to attend court. The attendee must be able to deal with the matter.
- All affidavits and exhibits musts be filed in the Circuit Court Civil Office NOT LATER THAN 5 WORKING DAYS prior to the hearing. Documents will not be accepted in Court. When filing documents for upcoming court attendance ensure the Court Office is notified of the correct record number, date and time of hearing of the matter.
- In motions to which Order 26 applies, the Affidavit and Certificate required by Rule 2 and the time period specified in Rule 4 apply and must be filed and the provisions of point 5 apply.
- The moving party must lodge in the Circuit Court Office, NOT LATER THAN 5 WORKING DAYS prior to the hearing date, a hard copy, clean, complete, indexed and paginated book of pleadings and proceedings for the hearing of the application. Failure to do so will result in the motion being struck out.
- Where the Respondent to the Motion is a litigant in person the moving party must inform the litigant in person of the hearing date and time.
As previously advised, the consent mailbox is no longer operational.
AND FURTHER PLEASE NOTE
Due to court capacity issues, staggered lists, remote hearings and the relisting of adjourned motions it is now taking longer to obtain a hearing date for all County Registrar Civil Motions. In the event of a party requiring a hearing date for an urgent matter please write (not email) to Rita Considine, County Registrar, First Floor, Aras Ui Dhalaigh Inns Quay Dublin 7 setting out the following: -
- Name and record number of the case
- Date the motion is listed for hearing and a copy of the Motion (ONLY) as issued
- Why the matter/application is urgent
Where possible urgent matters will be accommodated with an earlier hearing date and the above notice applies to the hearing. If you simply address correspondence to the County Registrar, I may not receive the same and it may not be brought to my attention.
County Registrar for Dublin
14 June 2021