Amendment to Order 58
S.I. No. 9 of 2018: District Court (Mediation) Rules 2018
1. (1) These Rules, which shall come into operation on the 22nd day of January 2018, may be cited as the District Court (Mediation) Rules 2018.
(2) These Rules shall be construed together with the District Court Rules 1997 (S.I. No. 93 of 1997) and all other District Court Rules.
(3) The District Court Rules as amended by these Rules may be cited as the District Court Rules 1997 to 2018.
2. The District Court Rules 1997 (S.I. No. 93 of 1997) are amended:
(v) by the substitution for rule 9 of Order 58 of the following rule:
“9. (1) A notice or court order required by this Order to be served shall be accompanied in the case of a notice of proceedings under section 6A (inserted by the Act of 1997) of the Act, section 11 of the Act or section 11B (inserted by the Act of 1997) of the Act, in which a solicitor is acting for the applicant, by a statutory declaration of the solicitor indicating, if it be the case, that the solicitor has complied with subsection (2) of section 20 of the Act of 1964 (as inserted by section 11 of the Act of 1997) in relation to the matter, and may be served upon the person to whom it is directed in accordance with the pro visions of Order 41 at least 14 days or, in the case of proceedings certified as urgent under rule 2(2), at least two days, before the date of the sitting of the Court to which it is returnable.
(2) Save where service has been affected by the Clerk, the original of every such notice or order served shall, accompanied, in appropriate cases, by a copy of the statutory declaration described in rule 9(1), together with a statutory declaration as to service thereof, be lodged with the Clerk at least two days before the date of the said sitting.”