Amendment to Order 45E
S.I. No. 598 of 2014: District Court (General) Rules 2014
1. (1) These Rules, which may be cited as the District Court (General) Rules 2014, shall come into operation on the 31st day of December, 2014.
(2) These Rules shall be construed together with the District Court Rules 1997 (S.I. No. 93 of 1997) and all other District Court Rules.
(3) The District Court Rules as amended by these Rules may be cited as the District Court Rules 1997 to 2014.
2. The District Court Rules 1997 (S.I. No. 93 of 1997) are amended:
(iv) by the substitution for rule 3 of Order 45E of the following rule:
“3 Clerical errors
3. (1) The Court may correct any clerical mistake in a judgment or order, or any error arising in a judgment or order from any accidental slip or omission, at any time on the application by notice of motion of the party seeking the correction on notice to the party sought to be affected by the correction.
(2) Notwithstanding sub-rule (1), on application in writing of any party, the Clerk assigned to the Court area concerned may with the approval of the Court, make such correction where each and every party affected consent in writing, each such consent to be lodged with the said Clerk.
(3) The Court may correct any clerical mistake in a warrant issued in civil proceedings, or any error arising in a warrant issued in civil proceedings from any accidental slip or omission, at any time before execution of the warrant on the application ex parte by the party seeking the correction."