Amendment to Order 34
S.I. No. 585 of 2011: District Court (Criminal Procedure Act 2010) Rules 2011
1. (1) These Rules, which may be cited as the District Court (Criminal Procedure Act 2010) Rules 2011, shall come into operation on the 10th day of December 2011.
(2) These Rules shall be construed together with the District Court Rules 1997 (S.I. No. 93 of 1997) and all other District Court Rules.
(3) The District Court Rules as amended by these Rules may be cited as the District Court Rules 1997 to 2011.
2. The District Court Rules 1997 are amended:
(vi) by the insertion immediately following rule 23 of Order 34 of the following heading and rule:
“Under the Criminal Procedure Act 2010
24. An application pursuant to section 18(2) of the Criminal Procedure Act 2010 by a member of the Garda Síochána not below the rank of superintendent for the issue of a warrant may be made to the Judge of the District Court assigned to the District Court District wherein the place in respect of which the warrant is sought is situated. Such application shall be by information on oath and in writing of such member in the Form 34.56, Schedule B, and shall be made and heard in accordance with Order 12, rule 27. A warrant issued on foot of such information shall be in the Form 34.57, Schedule B.”.
3. (3) The Forms numbered 34.56 and 34.57 in the Schedule shall be added to the Forms in Schedule B to the District Court Rules 1997, immediately following Form 34.55.