Amendment to Order 19
S.I. No. 585 of 2011: District Court (Criminal Procedure Act 2010) Rules 2011
1. (1) These Rules, which may be cited as the District Court (Criminal Procedure Act 2010) Rules 2011, shall come into operation on the 10th day of December 2011.
(2) These Rules shall be construed together with the District Court Rules 1997 (S.I. No. 93 of 1997) and all other District Court Rules.
(3) The District Court Rules as amended by these Rules may be cited as the District Court Rules 1997 to 2011.
2. The District Court Rules 1997 are amended:
(i) by the substitution for paragraph (a) of sub-rule (5) of rule 2 of Order 19 of the following paragraph:
“(5) (a) If the Court is satisfied that a person who has been remanded in custody is unable to be brought before the Court at the expiration of the period of remand—
(i) by reason of illness or accident, or
(ii) for any other good and sufficient reason,
the Court may, in the person’s absence, remand that person for such further period, which may exceed fifteen days, as the Court considers reasonable. The warrant of committal shall be in accordance with Form 19.2, Schedule B.”;
3. (1) The Form numbered 19.2 in the Schedule shall be substituted for the form bearing the like number in Schedule B to the District Court Rules 1997.