Office of the Legal Costs Adjudicator – Practice Direction : Cases Listed for Adjudication - May 09 2023
Tuesday 09th May 2023
18 Days ago
Office of the Legal Costs Adjudicator – Practice Direction : Cases Listed for Adjudication
Practice Direction – OLCA No 1 2023
In response to a number of queries received, it is again necessary to reiterate the policy of the Office.
The following is the position in respect of all Adjudications listed for hearing before a Legal Costs Adjudicator.
- Any application made in respect of any Adjudication listed for hearing, or mention, must be made to the Legal Costs Adjudicator concerned.
- For the avoidance of doubt, email or correspondence is NOT considered an acceptable method for any application, save to put the Adjudicators and/or the opposing side on notice of the intended application.
- Applications should be made in person, or by prior arrangement, via a remote hearing and must be made on notice to, or with the agreement of the Adjudicator and the opposing side.
- The Legal Costs Adjudicator shall convey the outcome of such application to the parties, and any matters flowing from that, will be dealt with appropriately.
- Decisions regarding remote or physical hearings are a matter to be determined by the Legal Costs Adjudicator concerned
Dated 9th day of May 2023
Paul M Behan
Chief Legal Costs Adjudicator
Office of the Legal Costs Adjudicators
The High Court
27/30 Merchants Quay
(01) 888 6301