Thursday 10 February 2022:
Following the Government publication of the new protocol for workplaces: ‘The Transitional Protocol: Good Practice Guidance for Continuing to Prevent the Spread of Covid-19’, the Courts Service has revised the Covid 19 Safety Management Programme outlining public measures for court rooms, court houses and buildings.
The Transitional Protocol emphasises that we are still in a pandemic and specifically recommends that Covid-19 Safety Management Programme should remain in place for workplaces. The revised Courts Service Covid-19 Safety Management Programme also focuses on the following key points in the Transitional Protocol:
- Two metres physical distancing has been removed but continued physical distancing is recommended.
- Measures and information to support mask wearing, good hand and respiratory hygiene and ventilation should remain in place.
- Stay at home, isolate and test if symptomatic.
The main aim of the judiciary and the Courts Service is to ensure that Courts can function to the maximum while continuing to stay open and safe. The agreed revisions to the updated Covid-19 Safety Management Programme and the specific recommendations for court and court office users include:
- Physical distancing will continue to be encouraged with a guidance distance of approximately one metre, to reflect the Government’s Transitional protocol. Courtroom capacity numbers will be revised to reflect this guidance in the coming week.
- One metre distancing is also recommended as best practice in the following areas: offices, public areas, canteens, meeting rooms, public counters, and consultation rooms.
- Consultation rooms will be available for use ONLY where ventilation is adequate as per the safety advice.
- Mask wearing to continue in all court houses and Courts Service buildings.
- Screening will be retained.
- Sanitiser points and hand/ respiratory hygiene signage to be in place to support public health advice.
- People Traffic Flow Managers will be retained.
- Staggering of lists will continue.
- Retain existing procedures for management of Covid 19 cases, which will change subject to HSE advice. Isolation rooms will stay in place as per the Government’s Transition Protocol.
- All ventilation practices remain for the foreseeable future.
- Emergency evacuation drills can recommence.
For queries relating to Jury Summonses, please contact the number provided on your summons and refer to the Courts Service twitter account @CourtsServiceIE.
Courts updates will be provided as and when available, please consult www.courts.ie: