This Practice Direction is revoked by HC 117 with effect from 5th December 2022.
I, Mary Irvine, President of the High Court, hereby issue the following Practice Direction in accordance with section 11(12) and (13) of the Civil Law and Criminal Law (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2020.
1. From Monday 10th May 2021 and until further notice, sittings of the Master’s Court will take place Monday to Friday during the law terms, commencing at 10.30 am each day.
2. The start times of all proceedings/applications before the Master will be staggered due to Covid 19 considerations and these will be published in the legal diary and on the Courts Service Website.
3. Hearings/applications before the Master will be conducted in strict compliance with all Covid- 19 public health guidance and in compliance with all High Court Practice Directions.
4. Practitioners must not arrive to the Master’s Court more than five minutes in advance of the start time allocated to their proceedings/application.
5. All instructions in respect of any proceedings/application before the Master of the High Court should be furnished to counsel prior to the allocated hearing date and in circumstances that are fully compliant with Covid-19 public health guidance and social distancing requirements.
6. All negotiations between the parties to any proceedings/application before the Master of the High Court should take place prior to the allocated hearing date and in circumstances which are fully compliant with Covid 19 public health guidance and social distancing requirements.
7. Any form of consultation or engagement between the parties or as between solicitor and counsel must take place outside of the Four Courts building and always in circumstances which are fully compliant with Covid 19 public health guidance and social distancing requirements.
8. Practitioners shall comply with any directions given by Courts Service personnel further to Covid-19 health and safety considerations.
10. The safety of practitioners and Courts Service personnel concerned with the Master’s Court will be kept under constant review. Should at any stage the health and safety advice be that for reasons concerned with Covid-19 the Master’s Court list should be postponed, that advice will be implemented with immediate effect.
30th April 2021