Judicial review applications in respect of strategic infrastructure developments
1. As and from Monday, 26th February, 2018 all applications for leave to apply for judicial review in respect of permissions or decisions concerning strategic infrastructure developments must be made to Mr. Justice McDonald. They may not be made to any other judge.
2. Mr. Justice McDonald will sit at 10.30am each Thursday during term to hear such applications.
3. The applicant for such leave must lodge all the necessary papers in support of the application in a bound, indexed and paginated form with the Central Office marked “Strategic Infrastructure Application” not later than 4.00pm on the preceding Tuesday.
4. Should leave be granted to the applicant to apply for judicial review Mr. Justice McDonald will give all necessary ancillary directions with a view to ensuring a fair just and expeditious hearing of the matter.
5. For the purposes of this Practice Direction a strategic infrastructure development is development in respect of which a direct application is made for development consent to An Bord Pleanála in accordance with the provisions of the Planning and Development Act 2000 as amended.
Dated 2nd February, 2018
President of the High Court