Notice No.2 - Easter Term 2021 Kerry Circuit Court.
Practitioners & litigants – Please note arrangements for May 2021, June & July 2021 for Kerry Circuit Court.
In light of continuation by Government of level 5 indoor and social distancing Covid-19 restrictions for May 2021 the following are the implications for Circuit Court Sittings scheduled for Kerry during the month of May 2021 & Trinity Term 2021: -
- Tralee Circuit Court sittings week commencing at 10:30 a.m. on Tuesday the 4th May 2021 are proceeding and will be presided over by His Honour Judge Seán O’Donnabháin. His day Lists for all days that week are published on the Legal Diary section of the Courts Service website.
- Listowel (11th & 12th) & Killarney (13th & 14th) of May Scheduled Sittings are proceeding and will be presided over by His Honour Judge Terence O’Sullivan. His day Lists for all days that week are published on the Legal Diary section of the Courts Service website.
- Tralee Circuit Family Court (18th May) and Killarney Circuit Civil Court (19th & 20th May) will sit and be presided over by His Honour Judge Terence O’Sullivan.. His day Lists for all days that week are published on the Legal Diary section of the Courts Service website.
- All parties in cases on the lists each day must be represented at the call-over at 10;30a.m. each day and be in a position to confirm to the presiding judge their readiness to proceed, length of time their case will take at hearing, whether the matter is contested and if so how many witnesses will be involved and called.
- Only Criminal civil and family law cases already listed together with any custody matters arising and urgent Civil and/or family law matters arising will be dealt with in the Circuit Court sittings in Kerry during May 2021.
- Social distancing guidelines must be adhered to by all participants at Circuit Court sittings in Kerry during May 2021 & Trinity Term 2021 in compliance with current level 5 Covid-19 Government restrictions.
- Details of any urgent matter and in particular any urgent civil and/or family law matter which any party seeks to have heard during May 2021 should be emailed to Tralee Court Office and the County Registrar who will endeavour to arrange a hearing date and/or issue such directions as may be appropriate, including securing a hearing date before a Circuit Court Judge, if necessary and appropriate.
- The following County Registrar Lists are hereby adjourned to new hearing dates in June 2021, namely:
a). Killarney Family Law Case Progression List from 10:30a.m. on Wednesday the 5th May, 2021 to 10:30 a.m. on Thursday the 3rd June 2021 at Killarney Courthouse,
b). Killarney Taxation of Costs List from Friday the 7th May 2021 Friday the 4th June 2021 at 10;30 a.m. at Tralee Courthouse,
c). Tralee Family Law Case Progression List from Monday the 10th May, 2021 to 10:30 a.m. on Wednesday the 2nd June 2021 at Tralee Courthouse,
d). Tralee Taxation of Costs list from 10:30 a.m. on Tuesday the 11th May 2021 to 10:30 a.m. on Friday the 4th June 2021 at Tralee Courthouse,
e). Tralee Re-possession List from Thursday the 20th May, 2021 at Tralee Courthouse, to 10:30 a.m. on Friday the 11th June, 2021 at Tralee Courthouse,
f). Killarney Taxation of Costs List from Tuesday the 25th May, 2021 to 10:30 a.m. on Monday the 21st June, 2021 at Tralee Courthouse,
g). Tralee Family Law Motions List from Thursday the 27th May, 2021 to 10:30 a.m. on Tuesday the 15th June, 2021 at Tralee Courthouse,
h). Tralee Civil Motions List from Friday the 28th May, 2021 to 10:30 a.m. on Monday the 14th June, 2021 at Tralee Courthouse.
Any Ex-parte Applications or consent orders should be emailed to the County Registrar @ firstname.lastname@example.org for remote ruling pending resumption of physical hearing’s. Any such email must also be copied to your opposite number.
Easter Term Civil & Family Call-overs.
The County Registrar Civil and Family law call-over of cases for Trinity Term 2021 due to be completed for the Family Law List on the 13th May, 2021, the Killarney Civil List on the 12th May, 2021 and the Tralee/Listowel Civil Lists on the 14th May, 2021 will now proceed as a positive emailed consent call-over only. Any case not called on will automatically stand adjourned to the Trinity Term call-overs which shall list cases for hearing during the Killarney (22nd & 23rd June) and Listowel (24th & 25Th June) scheduled sittings and July 2021 on the following dates: -
a). Listowel & Tralee civil call-over at 2p.m on Tuesday the 1st June 2021,
b). Tralee Family law call-over Wednesday the 2nd June 2021 at 2 p.m. at Tralee Courthouse, and
c). Killarney Civil call-over at 2 p.m. on Thursday the 3rd June, 2021 at killarney Courthouse.
Practitioners with cases ready to proceed in early June 2021, who consent to call them on should email the County Registrar and Tralee Court Office with a request that the case be listed in June 2021. The solicitor who emails the County Registrar should copy /cc the email to their opposite number. The email should also provide an estimate of the likely duration of the case together with a note of the number of witnesses likely to be called to give evidence. This will assist the Tralee Court Office notify both parties by email of the assigned hearing date when fixed.
- Prior to the 7th June 2021 Government are due to issue up to date advice on what restrictions, if any, will persist beyond that date. Further appropriate Notice to Practitioners and litigants will issue thereafter outlining the effects of any such notifications on Kerry Circuit Court sittings for Trinity Term 2021 and beyond.
Tralee Criminal/ Scheduled Sittings.
- Tralee Scheduled Sittings for Trinity Term 2021 commence at 10:30 a.m. on Tuesday the 29th June 2021. All Judges civil motions in the list that day will be called over at 10:30 a.m. and any motions on consent will be ruled. All other motions will then be assigned a day for hearing later that Term by the Judge.
- There shall be a criminal call-over of all Tralee criminal cases (not already listed for Trinity Term) and outstanding District Court Appeals in the Tralee list at 10:30 a.m. on the 29th June 2021 to fix the lists for Tralee Criminal Sittings that week and for the remaining weeks of Trinity Term. Tralee Circuit Criminal Court Jury trials will be heard in Limerick Musgrave Street Courthouse on the weeks commencing 12th, 19th & 26th July 2021.
NOTE: - If there are any particularly urgent and/or lengthy matters requiring hearing dates in Trinity Term or Michaelmas Term 2021 please email the County Registrar with details and the consent of your opposite numbers to the listing in Trinity or Michaelmas 2021 as agreed together with an estimate of the projected hearing duration of the case and the number of witnesses and legal personnel to be accommodated in the Courthouse for the hearing and a date may be fixed.