Family Law Requirements
Dublin District Court Family Law Office (Dolphin House)
Cork Court Office (Washington Street)
Limerick Court Office (Merchant’s Quay)
Please attend at your appointment time, and ensure you have all relevant documents before attending (see below), to progress your business as quickly as possible.
If you require an urgent order under the Domestic Violence Act you DO NOT need to make an appointment and can attend at the relevant office in person, Monday to Friday (except for Bank Holidays).
Please note: You must be residing in the county where you make the Domestic Violence Act application. Find us here.
Access to this service:
- You or the other person must be ordinarily residing or carrying out business/profession in the County in order to apply through the relevant Court Service Office.
- If you have Family Law proceedings in any other Court, you cannot make any other applications in a different Court Service Office (with the exception of domestic violence).
- If you currently have proceedings in the Family Law Courts, please ensure that you bring your Case Reference number to your appointment.
To ensure your appointment can proceed, you should bring a number of documents with you, including:
- A valid form of ID, such as a Passport or Driving Licence.
- For every application you make you must have the address where the other party currently resides and complete a Confirmation of Address Form.
- You must have the full names and dates of birth of all children involved in your application and the address they are living at.
For Custody, Access, and Guardianship Applications:
- For these types of appointments, please complete three (3) copies of the Statement of Arrangements Form before attending.
For fathers applying for guardianship where the mother has been previously married:
For this appointment type, please bring the following three forms with you:
For Maintenance Applications:
- For Maintenance applications, you will be required to complete the Statement of Means before your Court appearance.
- For Arrears of Maintenance applications, please complete a Statement of Arrears Form before attending your appointment.
Central Office of the High Court Requirements
If you wish to discuss an existing proceeding, please ensure that you bring the following to your appointment:
- Your Case Reference number
- A valid form of ID, such as Passport or Driving Licence
For urgent matters, where it is not possible to book online, please email email@example.com to make an appointment.
Supreme Court Office Requirements
Please ensure that all relevant documents are signed, dated, and comply with the requirements of the Practice Direction SC 19, where applicable, before attending the office.
For urgent matters, where it is not possible to book online, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment.