Civil Law and Central Office of the High Court Requirements
Please note that if your matter is urgent you don’t need an appointment and should attend at the office in person. For the Central Office you must make an appointment via email for urgent matters at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you want to discuss an existing proceeding, please ensure that you bring your Case reference number to your appointment and a valid form of ID such as Passport or Driving Licence
Family Law Requirements
Please note that if you require an urgent order under the Domestic Violence Act you do NOT need to make an appointment and should attend at the office in person, Monday to Friday with the exception of Bank Holidays.
You must be residing in the county where you make the Domestic Violence Act application. Find us here
Access to this service:
- You or the other person must be ordinarily residing, or carrying out business/profession in the County in order to apply through this office.
- If you have Family Law proceedings in any other Court you cannot make any other applications in this office.
- If you currently have proceedings in the Family Law Courts, please ensure that you bring your Case reference number to your appointment.
Information you need to bring with you:
- You will have to bring with you a valid form of ID such as a Passport or Driving Licence.
- For every application you make you must have the address where the other party currently resides and complete this form: Confirmation of Address Form
- You must have the full names and dates of birth of all children involved in your application and the address they are living at.
For Custody, Access and Guardianship Applications:
- Complete 3 copies of this form: Statement of Arrangements Form
- For access applications you will be required to complete the statement of arrangements setting out exactly what access you are looking for.
For fathers applying for guardianship where the mother has been previously married:
You require the following three forms:
For Maintenance Applications
For maintenance you will be required to complete the statement of means – for big items such as return to school / holiday etc expenses you should average out a weekly / monthly amount.
Arrears of maintenance – you will have to complete a Statement of Arrears
Please ensure that you bring all completed documents with you to your appointment otherwise your appointment may be delayed.