District Court Rules
The District Court Rules, Schedules and Amendments provided on this site have been updated as of 5 March 2014. We will publish future amendments as they become available to us.
Where a statutory instrument inserts a new order into the Rules, the new order is included in the Index of Rules. Otherwise all amendments are appended to the relevant order or schedule.
Note: District Court (Civil Procedure) Rules 2014 [S.I. No. 17 of 2014]
"District Court (Civil Procedure) Rules 2014, shall come into operation on the 3rd day of February 2014."
" 4. (1) The amendments to the District Court Rules 1997 effected by these Rules apply to every civil proceeding commenced in the District Court on or after the date on which these Rules come into effect.
(2) Notwithstanding the amendments to the District Court Rules 1997 effected by these Rules any civil proceeding in being in the District Court before the date on which these Rules come into effect shall be continued and determined as if these Rules had not taken effect."
Court forms for use in the District Court are set out in the schedules as follows;
- Schedule B - Forms in criminal proceedings
- Schedule C - Forms in civil proceedings
- Schedule C - Forms in civil proceedings with effect from 3 February 2014
- Schedule D - Forms in appeals to the District Court and to the Circuit Court and in cases stated for the Supreme Court and for the High Court
These forms may be copied by selecting the text and pasting to your blank document.
Schedule of costs:
- Schedule of costs
- Schedule of costs with effect from 3 February 2014