1. For the purpose of this Order:
2. The provisions of this Order apply to proceedings governed by Article 1 of Council Regulation (EC) No. 2201/2003 and, so far as practicable and applicable, to any Order, Motion or Notice in such proceedings.
(i) “Regulation 2201/2003” means the Council Regulation (EC) No. 2201/2003 of 27 November 2003 OJ L 338/1;
(ii) “Domicile” is to be determined in accordance with the provisions of Article 3(2) of Regulation 2201/2003;
(iii) “Member State” means a Member State of the European Community, with the exception of the Kingdom of Denmark.
3. Service of any originating document or notice of an originating document out of the jurisdiction is permissible without leave of the Court, if, but only if, it complies with the following conditions:
4. Where an originating document or notice of an originating document is to be served out of the jurisdiction under Rule 3 hereof, the time to be inserted in the said originating document or notice of an originating document within which the Respondent served therewith shall enter an Appearance (including an Appearance entered solely to contest jurisdiction) shall be:
5. Where two or more respondents are parties to proceedings to which the provisions of this Order apply, but not every such respondent is domiciled in a Member State, the rules as to jurisdiction in Regulation 2201/2003 shall apply.
6. Where the Respondent is not, or is not known or believed to be a citizen of Ireland, notice of an originating document, and not the originating document itself, shall be served upon him or her.
7. Subject to the provisions of this Order, notice in lieu of originating document shall be given in the manner in which originating documents are served.
8. Where a Respondent wishes to enter an Appearance to contest jurisdiction of the Court, he or she may do so by entering an Appearance in accordance with the provisions of Form 5A of the Schedule of Forms annexed hereto.
9. To the extent that any rules contained in any other Order of these Rules are inconsistent with the provisions of Regulation 2201/2003 or of this Order providing for rules of court in respect of Regulation 2201/2003, the provisions of Regulation 2201/2003 and of this Order shall prevail.”