District Court Criminal Business
District Court Offices
Enquiries relating to outstanding bench warrants, court dates, court results, bail applications / approval of sureties, lodgement of appeal, legal aid, applications for copy orders and police property applications are dealt with on a daily basis.
Administrative back up is provided to the court by way of issuing remand /committal / trial / extradition and bench warrants. Appeals are processed and legal aid claims are certified for payment.
All appropriate documentation is prepared in readiness for each court sitting.
- information, complaints and summary charges in respect of which an accused shall have been arrested except proceedings under section 8 of the Enforcement of Courts Orders Act, 1940 and Courts (No.2) Act, 1986
- proceedings for the estreating of any recognisance which is entered into consequent on an order made and applications to vary or discharge
- garda applications for warrants of arrest or search
- applications under the Police (Property) Act, 1897
- applications for Free Legal Aid
- bail applications / approval of sureties
- extensions of time to appeal, bail applications for the purposes of appeal and lodgement of appeal papers.
- breach of community service orders
- breach of probation
- sending forward for trial of indictable crimes and offences and hearing on summary charge ancillary to such crimes and offences