Courts Service Recruitment
The Courts Service recruits under licence from the Commission for Public Service Appointments and all recruitment competitions are organised in compliance with guidelines set down by that body.
These can be viewed on line at www.cpsa.ie.
The Courts Service will advertise any vacancies with the Public Appointments Service.
The Public Appointments Service has a dedicated website for graduates.
Health and Safety Manager (Assistant Principal Officer)
This is a newly created role to lead the development and implementation of a Health & Safety strategy and plan to facilitate as far as practical a safe and healthy workplace and compliance with the the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005.
The overall purpose of the role is to develop a programme and practical interventions in relation to Workplace Health, Psychological Safety, Court room security and special groups such as lone workers, those dealing with potentially contentious situations and so forth. This should include programmes such as Work Positive, behavioural safety programmes, workplace assessments and proactive preventative programmes.
• Minimum of a primary degree or diploma in Occupational Health and Safety
• Preferably educated to post graduate level in Occupational Health and Safety
• Detailed understanding of the provisions of the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005
Required Skills and Behaviours:
• Well-developed leadership skills and a focus on organisational outcomes
• Comfortable and credible dealing at senior levels
• Well-developed proactive thinking and analytical skills with the ability to keep it simple
• Strong results focus and action orientation
• Demonstrate strong influencing skills as well as good verbal and written communication skills
• Has flair and passion for health and safety
Applications should be made by email to email@example.com with an up to date curriculum vitae.
Candidates should also provide a short cover letter/ personal statement (i.e. no more than 2 pages) outlining why you wish to be considered for the post and where you believe your skills, experience and values meet the requirements of the position.
Closing Date : 18th November 2019, 9.00 a.m.
Health and Safety Manager (Assistant Principal Officer) Information Booklet
Human Resources Directorate
The Courts Service, 15/24 Phoenix Street North, Smithfield, Dublin 7.
Phone: +353 1 888 6095
Fax: +353 1 888 6090
Updated: 04 November 2019