Home
English VersionIrish Version
Search for Click to Search
Advanced Search
Printable Version
All SectionsPractice DirectionsCourt Rules Terms & Sittings
Legal Diary Offices & Maps Judgments & Determinations

Did you know?

 

» The canon which stands at the top of the steps at Carlow courthouse is a Russian gun captured during the Crimean war over 100 years ago. It commemorates all those Irish officers and men who died in the Crimean War.

» The Four Courts was built on the site of a 12th century Dominican Priory of St. Saviour (Blackfriars).

» The five roofline statues on the Four Courts building are that of Moses, Justice, Mercy, Authority and Wisdom.

» Eight hundred years of records were destroyed in 1922 when the Four Courts was shelled by the Free State army seeking to end the occupation of the building by rebels opposed to the Anglo Irish Treaty.

» Sligo Courthouse won an Environmental Award from An Taisce in 2003 for 'Best government refurbishment of an historic building'.

» The Four Courts originally comprised the courts of Chancery, Exchequer, King's Bench and Common Pleas.