English VersionIrish Version
Search for Click to Search
Advanced Search
Printable Version
All SectionsPractice DirectionsCourt Rules Terms & Sittings
Legal Diary Offices & Maps Judgments & Determinations

If the respondent does not pay

If the respondent does not pay, you can apply to the Small Claims Registrar to have the order of the court sent to you for execution by the sheriff.

There will be a fee payable to the sheriff, which will be refunded to you if the Sheriff succeeds in executing the court order (decree).

The execution of the court order is then a matter for the sheriff who will notify the claimant.

Information and assistance on enforcement procedures are available from the Small Claims Registrar.

For various reasons the Sheriff may not always be successful in the execution of Court Orders.